Conservation Project Manager 0.8FTE
12 month fixed term contract
Based at: Conservation Ecology Centre, Cape Otway and other locations as required
Job purpose: Development and delivery of conservation and research projects and programs.
Remuneration: $70,000 – $75,000 salary package (pro rata)
Key Selection Criteria:
- Relevant post graduate qualifications in an environmental or related discipline (eg. Natural resource management, conservation, ecology, environmental science, biology).
- Demonstrated experience in scientific principles and processes.
- Demonstrated experience in project management and delivery, managing budgets, collection/collation of data and interpretation and statistical analysis of results.
- Demonstrated experience in reporting to stakeholders including government.
- The ability to take a strategic and practical/common sense approach to the delivery of projects.
- The ability to form and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate complex issues.
- Passion for conservation and an alignment to the CEC’s organisational values.
- Sound knowledge of South-eastern Australia’s biota and ecosystems.
- High levels of initiative with the ability to successfully achieve objectives.
Note: This position does not involve a responsibility to independently lead research or personally create material for publication without endorsement by CEC Executive and Board.
How to apply
Please forward a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
We will assess applications as they are received and will appoint the position as soon as we find the right candidate, so, if you think this role may suit you, please submit as soon as you are ready.